Sunday, September 6, 2009

Today

Old 45's


When I went to pick Rebecca up from her gra-maw's yesterday she was given a bunch of old records that belonged to her paw-paw who, unfortunately, passed away last month. We also got some new/old kitchenware. Mixing bowls, pint glasses, soup bowls with Cajun soup recipes on them, low ball glasses and (my favorite part) cast iron cookware- a gumbo pot and a deep skillet.

Cured Cast Iron Cookware: Round 1


We already had our own cast iron skillet that I love using although I never cured it properly. So today I researched the proper way and executed the process on the new/old cast iron pots along with the one I already had. I used butter instead of oil but its all the same shit. At one point I accidentally filled our apartment with smoke because I placed the lids on the bottom rack and it was too close to the heating element.

Fucked up sponge


I am supposed to repeat this process like 5-6 more times before it is properly cured. Hopefully I can complete this process without filling the apartment with smoke and fucking up the sponge.

Clean, angry, overweight chihuahua


We also gave Cortes, the angry, overweight chihuahua a bath. He hates baths but I can't imagine he likes fleas crawling all over him either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ok, what you got?